May 13, 2010

Temple Grandin

Temple Grandin is one of the most well-known adults with autism in the world. She's written several books about autism and tours the world giving talks on the subject. There's even a movie about her! (We have yet to see it.)

The first book I read after learning about Jackson's Asperger's diagnosis was Dr. Grandin's "The Way I See It: A Personal Look at Autism and Asperger's" (2008). Her upbeat, take charge, hard-working attitude towards autism in her own life is inspiring and the book set a very positive tone for my new relationship with Autism.

"Highly Recommend" is an understatement.

Temple Grandin websites:

http://www.templegrandin.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Grandin

Thanks to having an incredibly supportive husband who is encouraging me to go, I just registered for this conference on Autism and Asperger's in Minneapolis next month. Dr. Grandin is one of the featured speakers and I'm very excited to see her in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment